As we’ve transitioned to conducting more business online, over the years, SEO has been quite a buzzword in the market. So what is SEO?
SEO is the acronym for Search Engine Optimization. The goal of SEO is enhancing the quality and quantity of website traffic. This is achieved by increasing the visibility of a website and help it rank higher in search results when users search for specific words and phrases.
The results exclude direct traffic and the purchase of paid placement.
If you’re a marketer or a business owner, it is likely that you’d want to improve the Sales and Revenue. And what better way, than to go with the flow and improve the digital visibility of your brand, product or service.
The world is adopting an increasingly online purchases trend. The Stats are simply mind blowing:
- In 2019, it’s estimated there were 1.92 billion digital buyers and eCommerce sales accounted for 14.1% of retail purchases worldwide.
- In 2023, eCommerce retail purchases are expected to rise from 14.1% to 22%.
– Survey by OptinMonster
Now, this shouldn’t come as a surprise, because online shopping, in general, is growing at a rapid pace.
Now, the benefits of SEO are numerous. Outlined below are some of them:
- SEO improves your digital marketing ROI
- SEO boosts your credibility
- SEO drives high-quality traffic to your website
- SEO measures your success with real numbers
- SEO promotes your company all day, every day
- SEO targets every stage of your buying funnel
- SEO increases brand awareness among high-value shoppers
- SEO generates more leads, sales, and market share for your business
- SEO helps you outrank your toughest competitors
- SEO makes your digital marketing strategy stronger
The next time when you see sites ranking on the first page of Google results when you search for something, know that they did not get there by accident. They have leveraged SEO to help Google understand what their content is about.